Paragon Europe is a leading innovative, international EU affairs, advisory and compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. With over 14 years of operational experience, Paragon Europe is working with nearly 1,000 universities, higher educational and vocational institutions (HEIs) from 27 EU member states, hosting and placing over 20,000 students and tutors from European countries and beyond during the past 14 years. This is facilitated by an ever-growing network of over 4,500 Maltese organisations who regularly host our interns.
Assisting in the organizing of events your duties will include:
• Creating event proposals which fit client requirements and presenting proposals by deadline
• Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
• Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list
• Delegating event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary
• Demonstrating to clients strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings and taking clients on tours of venue possibilities
• Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
• Staying under budget while planning event specifications
• Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
• Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events
• Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
• Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities
• Planning multiple events at once
• Good verbal and written communication in English and people skills
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Be a Team player
• Attention to Detail
• Marketing Knowledge or Previous Experience
• Have Initiative, Enthusiasm and Flexibility
This is an unpaid/partially paid internship and it is highly recommended to have a mobility grant agreement from a sending organisation such as University, Region or Chamber of Commerce.
Interested candidates should send an updated CV and motivation letter to email@example.com indicating as subject of the e-mail Internship Talent Programme / Events Administrator.
Paragon Europe is an equal opportunities employer.