Overview of project activities
ICT Venture Gate will be implemented via a work plan consisting of 7 work packages. Each work package shall fulfill an aim contributing to achieve the overall aim of the project: to facilitate the access to real financing solutions on the private equity market for ICT SMEs participating in ongoing and future FP7 ICT projects.
The work plan will follow a logical structure:
- Identification and classification of the target groups: SMEs participating in FP ICT projects and financing entities,
- Development of services enabling efficient interactions between SMEs and financial organisations: Information gateway for investors and SMEs, Virtual Agency for Innovation Investments and capacity building via e-training for SMEs on investment financing,
- Organisation of events and an efficient dissemination strategy via various means and channels to multiplying the project's results. This strategy shall include an interactive web portal as well as a presentation to the Internet of Things cluster.
Paragon's main responsibilities are related to the overall project management of the project. This includes keeping the project on track through coordination and management activities, day-to-day activities of the project, liasing with EC institutions, organizing project meetings, as well as reporting and submitting deliverables to the EC etc. A robust management strategy has been worked out.
Paragon Europe shall liaise with the responsible partner to organize periodic project meetings as well as in virtual intra consortium meetings in online conferences. Paragon as the lead partner shall also be responsible for coordinating the tasks required between the three awarded projects under this call so as to enforce the synergy efforts required by the Commission.
The main deliverables of this project are:
- Database of SMEs participating in ICT projects
- Current State of Play Report
- e-trianing curricula, manual and prototype
- Evaluation report on e-training
- Guide to EC Risk Capital Financing
- Methodology Guide for Data Collection and Analysis
- Investors' Database
- Report on Analysis of Private Investors
- ICT value chain navigation platform pilot
- Participation in ICT 2010
- Awareness Raising Campaigns in Partner Countries
- Three Brokerage Events
- Dissemination Plan
- Business Plan for the Sustainability of the E-Training Facilities
The consortium of this project is made up of the following organizations:
- Paragon Ltd - Malta
- APRE Agenzia per la Promozione della Ricerca Europea - Italy
- Euro Consultants Ltd - Israel
- GEONARDO Environmental Technologies Ltd - Hungary
- INVENT - France
- SYNBEA - France
The consortium of ICT VentureGate shall also be collaborating with the consortia of Access-ICT and YMIR projects which has also been awarded under FP7 ICT Call 4 Objective 9.3.
Download our Project Launch Report 2009/2010.